SAGE Introduces CIRCA Fly Rod for 2013 - Dry Fly Anglers Rejoice!!!
If you’re a devotee of the casting nuances of the slow action fly rod, a student of its historic ties to our sport, or just like the thrill of moving in close to actively feeding fish, consider Sage's new CIRCA rod, a reward for your years of dedication.
BE WARNED: the CIRCA does not mimic the type of slow action that has so far defined the category – overly soft, willowy and flat. Instead, thanks to Sage's Konnetic technology’s ability to compact and align more carbon fibers into a smaller diameter blank, Sage was able to design a radically narrow taper throughout the length of the rod, resulting in consistently slow, yet responsive action from butt to tip. Sage's new CIRCA rod is a technologically advanced slow-action fly rod that honors your slower, more deliberate casting style, yet is every bit a Sage.
“My goal for this rod was to apply the performance advantages of modern materials on a very sleek, slender shaft that would load down in the hand for a fishing tempo like glass, or bamboo while providing the crucial need for accuracy.” Notes Sage Chief Fly Rod Designer, Jerry Siem. “The CIRCA is a rod that, once it’s in your hands, enables you to improve as an angler by identifying where, why and how you can put a fly on the water. The CIRCA is definitely going to bring new life into the sport of trout fishing.”
Here is a video featuring Jerry which elaborates the CIRCA story. Beautifully shot in Central Washington, sit back and enjoy the new CIRCA video.
Sage CIRCA - Fly Fishing with Advanced, Slow-Action Performance. from Sol Duc Buck on Vimeo.
The CIRCA rod collection will be available through Sage specialty dealers in August and September in the following models: 279-4, 379-4, 389-4, 479-4, 489-4, and 589-4.
Features of the NEW Sage Circa Fly Rod:
• Low-Profile Ferrules. The inherent strength of Konnetic technology allows us to reduce the weight of our all-graphite ferrule connections by nearly 70%. Improved aerodynamics plus lighter weight contribute to lighter blanks.
• Green Tea Color. The CIRCA’s elegant and inviting green finish is accented by Olive primary thread wraps with Slate colored trim wraps.
• Vera wood insert with black aluminum reel seat and winding check pattern create a perfect combination.
• Custom Cork Handle. Snub-nose, half-Wells grip. The cork is custom formed to match the exact taper of the CIRCA rod, providing a snug fit that helps communicate casting feedback for utmost accuracy.
• Round Tip Eye. This Sage-designed tip-top never pinches or binds the line, allowing the caster to make mends and cast in any direction with full control.
• Slim Profile Rod Tube. Only 1 5/8” in Desert Gold color, plus a unique rod bag: like a chameleon, its gold silk-screened colors flash between gold and green in the light.
Retail price for the CIRCA will range from $745 to $775 depending on model. Sounds expensinve for a slower action rod but wait until you cast one!!!!!! They are amazing